sábado, 6 de marzo de 2010

Hooded men trying to kidnap young college student member of the resistance


Por Dina Meza
Five masked men attempted to kidnap Tomas Enrique García Castillo, a university member of the National Resistance Front, who was brutally beaten because he opposed to be taken by force inside a vehicle when he returned from night classes at a time when he was walking between Colonia Kennedy and Victor F. Ardon, on Friday 26 February.




The area where traffic has become the hub of men engaged in kidnapping resistance members victims who are moved to secret jails where they are cruelly tortured.
These include the journalist Cesar Silva and cameramen Omar Ricardo Rodriguez and Manuel de Jesús Murillo Varela and women who have reported attempted abductions similar to that chronicles of the young university student. They even fractured the arm of one of them when he escaped from aggression.
Besides being a member of the National Front for Popular Resistance, Garcia Castillo integrates Patriotic Coalition and is part of the People's Revolutionary Union, URP.
"I came from my classes at nine in the evening, I got about Paiz supermarket and walked for a stretch at a time it was a bit dark, I suddenly intercepted a car where inside were five hooded men who wanted to take me by force to the car but I resisted and they did not achieve their goal, "said the boy who has his face badly beaten.
He added that by opposing the kidnapping, the men wearing vests, carrying heavy weapons and who had a strange accent struck him on the back with something compelling, besides hurting his eyes, gave him kicking and shoving and insulted him .
He described the hooded men being athletic and having a foreign accent, "so I assume they are paramilitaries from another country who are repressing the resistance members who are active in this country."

The incident occurred on Friday 26 February in Colonia Kennedy
For him it was something so fast, but the survival instinct made him run away, "he had blurred vision, but at some point someone fired and they ran away and went into the Toyota car that was gray with tinted windows and had no license plates.
But despite the spook he noted that "this does not stop one, these blows provide one experience, wisdom, neither weapons nor bullets are going to make us surrender."
He described himself as a man who has always been with the struggles of the people, "when I got fully into the resistance and when I went to the airport to bring the polls, I knew I was going to lose my job, my wife, I had an epiphany I knew the price of all this, this is the price of defending the social struggles.
He recommended his university colleagues not to be afraid, that there are first convictions, ideals, "This fight is worth it because this fight is for the Honduran people for changes, so that this blockade doesn't exist. I tell young people to be prepared, to not be afraid that change will come. "

See details of cases where men have operated in paramilitary style: See note 1
See note 2 See Note 3

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario